Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lemon Mint

I was in the produce section of the grocery store a few days ago. They have a small section of fresh herbs you can purchase at a very inexpensive price.  I didn’t plan on buying any because quite frankly my cooking skills are just not quite at that level yet! But, I got a whiff of something that really caught my attention. I kept sniffing until I found it, mint leaves! I think the smell grabbed me so quickly because my mom had mint plants growing in our backyard for years. She would send me out to pick some for her tea in the summer.  As you might have guessed, I bought a huge bundle. 

A friend of ours, here in the neighborhood, has a lemon tree in their backyard, I am so jealous! One evening at her house she served mint lemonade and it was delicious. I thought I could try it; surely it would still be pretty good even with lemon powder from a can. Turns out it is amazing!

I urge you to go to your local grocery store now and get some of your own. Then just put the washed leaves in your blender with a little lemonade and bam! Lemon Mint Drink! Little hint, make sure you blend well or it gets a little grass like in your teeth when you drink…

I have noticed that it is sold at most all restaurants as fresh juices are very popular here. I have a favorite juice stand where you can get the juice in layers, so good! I usually get avocado, strawberry, guava, and orange all in one cup. Who would have guessed avocado would be great in a drink. I guess sugar can do wonders for anything right?

I am also currently hooked to drinking guava juice at home as well as banana juice. The Guava juice is so sweet and is a little thick, reminds me of pears. I have to give our friend who came to visit props on the guava juice. He came back from the grocery store each day with a new juice to try.  Lime Kiwi and Orange Carrot were a few close runner-ups. 







1 comment:

  1. Like the fresh juice idea but you are right...avocado?!? Wish we could get inexpensive REAL juice here in the U.S. I hope the mint lemonade tastes better than it looks! What else is a local treat that you have come to like?

    ReplyDelete